Australian Open 2012



0 comments
Getty Images


Kim Clijsters (11) def. Na Li (5) 4-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-4
Day 7. 4th Round. 

I saw the match between Kim and Li today and it was just WOW! Kim was amazing! I didn’t see the entire 1st set because I was having lunch at the time and when I saw the score 6-4 in favor of Li I became a little nervous because I love Kim and I’m rooting for her. I kept an eye for the 2nd set and it was nerve-wracking to watch. Kim was down some points but managed to tie the game. The second-set tiebreak was the most nerve-wracking I felt changing the channel because I didn’t want to see the result of the match and I definitely didn’t want to see Kim lose. But I tuned in and I’m so glad I did because I would’ve missed the chance to see how great and professional Kim is as an athlete. And I would’ve missed a great match. Kim broke four match points and won the set. She owned the third set while Li, due to her nerves, made numbers of unforced errors. Kim won match advancing to the quarterfinals. I love Kim. She’s the Roger Federer version in women’s tennis. She’s very composed. How she held herself during the grueling tiebreak was really admirable. I hope she remains as the Australian Champion. I heard she’s planning to retire this year which is sad because I rarely see her play, but it’s a family thing and I’m happy for her. But I hope she returns and complete the four grand slams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post